Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Emotional Blowback

One night stands are great. The sex is hot, there are no complicating factors, both people get exactly what they want. There is, however, a downside.  Sex has an inherent emotional component.  To deny it is to deny a part of sex that is hot and beautiful, but to open up to it is to open yourself to the emotional blowback.



Let me explain what I mean with an example.  There is a cute guy you've just met.  You take him home, and between his gasps and moans and the hot, sticky sweat pouring from his body, you have amazingly hot sweat.  The next day, you can't get him out of your head.  You know that it was just a one day thing, but now you can't concentrate, so you send him a few texts.

He responds with a text or two, and says that he had a great time as well and would like to do it again, and soon. Here's where everyone, especially me, fucks up.  You ecstatically bombard him with messages for the next few days until he's entirely freaked out and you're left high and dry.

Alternatively, you can be on the receiving end of this where the other guy just keeps sending you texts, and even though you had a great time with him, his clingy behavior is creeping you out.

This happens every few guys or so with me. Alex, for instance, I probably bothered a bit too much after our encounter.  And yesterday, I texted Nate three times, called him once, and sent him two messages online and a third today.  That's pretty bad. Not too bad though, he replied to one of my texts and sent me two messages online. But I've still fallen far too much for a guy who's last name I don't even know.  Here's hoping I didn't creep him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment