Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Return to Babylon

My ears are ringing. There are black X's on my hands. And I'm tired as fuck.

You see, yesterday, my friend Karla told me she wanted to go to Babylon tonight.  Specifically, she wanted to go with a boy she's just starting to date, but she didn't want to go alone, so she invited me and three others to tag along.

This time, I didn't get ridiculously drunk beforehand, and despite the loud music, had a good time.  Karla introduced me to a gay friend of hers at the club, and we danced a little together.  Later on, a cute boy caught my eye across the room.  He looked gay, alone, and slightly bored.  And a little bit later, it seemed like he was looking at me.  So, I did the standard eye flirting approach. You look at the person you're interested in until your eyes meet, look briefly away, and then look again and hold the look.  It ensures that neither is looking by accident and that both parties are interested.  I don't know how widespread it is, but I've always assumed that everyone uses this basic system.

I eye-flirted at him, he seemed to eye flirt back at me. Good stuff.  I had to work my way through the crowd to approach him, but I eventually, I did.  I tapped on the shoulder, smiled, nodded, asked if he was here with anyone.  He said he was.  And that's when I noticed the girl in front of him.  She was too short for me to have seen her across the room, but at that moment it became fairly obvious that she was his girlfriend.

Straight guys shouldn't be allowed to look that gay. It fucks up my gaydar.

After that little incident, I returned to my friends, and spent the night dancing. After it was over, we went to our famous favorite little diner and who should I run into but my two roommates, eating there with a couple of friends at three in the morning.  Some good food and some innapropriate jokes later, we called it a night and headed back to our respective homes.

1 comment:

  1. Keep the stories coming! and yes i use the same method of eye contact from across the room!

    ReplyDelete