Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

One Night in Babylon...

Yes, I did just use two relatively obscure pop culture references smashed together for this post's title.  Deal with it.

But more importantly, last night (I wrote this post in mid-January) I was at Babylon, the gay nightclub downtown. Of course, like all names on this blog, that's not its real name.

To find out what the pop culture references were, read my story of last night, and find out what it all has to do with the boy below, please follow the jump:





Before I tell you my story, I'll elaborate on the pop culture references.
The first is "One Night in Bangkok," from the early 80's musical Chess.
The second is Babylon from the TV show Queer as Folk, which was the nightclub where all of the major characters spent more than their fair share of time at and where Justin Taylor and Brian Kinney met.


Justin Taylor, of course, is the amazingly hot blond twink played by Randy Harrison, and, if you've learned anything reading this blog, it's that I love blond twinks.

Right, story time:

I had, despite being here a year and a half, never been been to Babylon. I've never been a fan of dancing and I find large groups awkward.  However, I had heard good things about it (remember Alex?), so when a boy from another college nearby invited me to meet him there before going back to his place, I agreed.

I have just now revisted this post after a 8-month hiatus of not visiting it.  The point was, Babylon sucks, I hate dancing, the boy stood me up, other friends stood me up, I missed the last shuttle back to campus, and as I made my way home at 3:00 am in the middle of January, freezing cold and thoroughly hating everything.  So, to remind myself to never do this again, I called up a good friend of mine in California, and even though it was only 11 or so there, I still woke her up.  I bitched to her for a little bit and then told her to never, ever allow me to go dancing again.  She agreed and hung up so that she could go back to sleep.

Fuck dancing, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment